NSW Registration of ICV's
We often get asked about registration of ICV's (Individually Constructed Vehicles) as this is one of the critical steps of building or transferring registration of a Cobra, Daytona or GT40 replica.
Here is a very general guide but please seek expert advise before you buy a car:-
- If you are purchasing a car already registered in NSW you may not need extra engineering if the car is already certified in this state.
- If you are transferring a car from interstate you will probably need re engineering in NSW even though your car was legal in another state.
- If you are building a car in NSW registration is a big challenge. We are supporting the ALVICVA group (Australian Low Volume and Individually Constructed Vehicle Association) who are working with the Department of Transport in NSW to improve the situation.
- If you are thinking of importing a car from overseas you will need to consider the age of the car and the Engineering requirements.
So, we suggest two things:-
- Talk to an Engineer and get accurate advice.
- Come along to a meeting and talk to other Cobra owners about their experience.
Don't worry, owning a Cobra is worth it!