Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Shelbyfest 2013
Kimbo
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 17-1-2013 at 10:09 PM
Shelbyfest 2013

Hi all,
just wondering how many NSW members may be looking at entering Shelbyfest 2013.
This is a great track event similar to the nationals (but smaller) run by the Cobra club in VIC.
It's held at Winton Raceway just across the border in VIC. For those of you that haven't driven this track - it's great, I prefer it over Wakefeild park as a track.
It will be held March 22 to 24.
Generally the place to stay is the Gateway Hotel at Wangarratta.
I will post the Regs and Entry Form on our web site - I think it is important that we support this event as the guys from VIC support the nationals very strongly.

Kim
Legless

[*] posted on 28-1-2013 at 02:39 PM

Hi Kim,
Pretty sure I'll be coming down to Shelbyfest for some fun. I cant make the February meeting so please pass on my apologies.

cheers

Paul
Legless

[*] posted on 31-1-2013 at 01:28 PM

Hmm... the new date for the NSW Championships make both meetings close. Only a couple of weeks apart even though I definately need the practice I hope the car can cope.
Kimbo
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-2-2013 at 10:35 PM

Just think how well we will be driving for the Championships after all of the shelbyfest practice.
Typically not that many NSW members support Shelbyfest so anyone going to Shelbyfest will be in a much better place for the Championships.

Shelbyfest is a great chance to get your eye in and I love driving at Winton...
Kimbo
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 1-2-2013 at 10:38 PM

Are you booked into the Gateway Legless?
Kimbo
Super Administrator

thumbup.gif posted on 6-2-2013 at 08:56 AM

The Shelbyfest Supplementary Regs and entry forms are now out.

Go to this link for forms

http://www.cobracarclubvic.org.au/shelbyfest/

This should be a great event.

Kim
Legless

[*] posted on 21-2-2013 at 02:06 PM

Hi Kim,
Sorry for the delay in replying but things have been a bit 'fluid' and I just wasn't sure I could make it. Seeing as though I am still working through issues that became apparent during the Nationals :( I'll have to give Shelbyfest a miss this year and concentrate on getting the car back together for the NSW Championships. At this stage the repair, unfortunately, is still getting bigger but optimistically I'm still hoping to turn the corner shortly.

cheers
Paul

Kimbo
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 22-2-2013 at 09:26 PM

Bummer you can't make it - what's happening with the car?
We are working on the brakes on ours - going for a test drive this weekend - hopefully all will go well.

Kim
Legless

[*] posted on 23-2-2013 at 02:25 PM

At the moment it is brakes, the diaphram ruptured in the booster (I think). I got the booster reconditioned and two new master cylinders the second master cylinder was to replace the first master cylinder, the third one is to replace the dodgy second Taiwanese master cylinder that was supplied. I damaged the thread due to an incorrect pipe nut with the wrong thread being on the car, ......someone had done something very dodgy to clear the frame! Anyway, after removing the incorrect pipe nut the brake lines were too short of course. I got the wrong advice on the flaring tool required etc etc etc......just one thing compounding after the other at the moment. Dodgy things had been done to treat the symptoms rather than addressing the real causes. Anyway, eventually I'll have replaced most of the brake system. The problem from the Nationals was a crook carrier bearing which stuffed the gears in the diff so I took the opportunity to get rid of the mini spooled diff which was a pain and went with a Detroit Tru trac. I think I'm slowly getting there on a steep learning curve with an exponentially growing tool kit. If I can get some time on the car this week I may be able to make Palm Beach. :)
Kimbo
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 24-2-2013 at 07:12 PM

Funny how some of these issues can snowball out of control. A lot of these issues with home made cars.
Sounds like you are finally getting on top of things though.
I would be very interested to get some feedback on how the tru trac goes, I am considering a similar upgrade myself.
Legless

[*] posted on 11-3-2013 at 06:24 PM

Hi Kim,
I noticed a few members at the last meeting intending to head down to Shelbyfest. Do you know if anyone is driving their cobra down or is everyone towing? It's looking like all the planets may line up and I can make it but no trailer. If you're all travelling as a group I'd rather tag along than go it alone.

cheers

Paul
Kimbo
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 09:10 PM

Hi Paul,
great to hear that you may be able to come to Shelbyfest.
Did you manage to get an entry in, 'officially' entries closed on 1 March, although they did look to be stretching the timeframe for entries on Club Cobra.

I am not sure who is going from NSW and as far as I'm aware, we have never travelled in convoy.

We will be trailering our car down (whole family going) leaving Thursday afternoon, probably around 4pm.
I know Phil Mizzi is going down Thursday afternoon also but I'm not sure if his Cobra is going (he has not officially entered but he would be trailering the car if it is going).
Not sure what Mick Raco is doing.

Thanks,
Kim
Legless

[*] posted on 13-3-2013 at 12:09 PM

Hi Kim,
I haven't registered yet as things aren't definite yet. I'm hoping it doesn't fill up, as it seems they can accomodate late entries for a charge. I'll try and get a trailer, if not I'll just take it easy on the track but if you see a blue cobra on the side of the road please stop!:fake sniffle:
Hope to see you there.

cheers

Paul

Go To Top